Cloudy ....

20th December 2022 (Tuesday)    08.30 ....I have a washing going through


the machine .... so I need a good  ‘drying day’.   At the moment the sky 80% cloud but I have hopes of a bonnie day once the sun gets going and burns the cloud off.   I don’t think the air is as warm as it was yesterday, and the wind is forecast to reach ‘frisky’ strength;  a good drying wind.    

16.00    I’m a ‘happy bunny’;   the washing is dry and might even be ironed while I’m watching something on the tele this evening.   It’s been a bonnie day but definitely cooler than yesterday.     I ain’t complainin’..... the washing is dry!

We had a lovely lunch at Myra’s;  Geoff was ‘under the weather’ so couldn’t come;  but the three of us did the meal justice.... and Myra took a ‘doggie bag’ along to Geoff.  Our lunch ended with a cuppa and a good old fashioned blether.   When I got back to Ivy the parcel that  I’d been waiting for had been delivered.


21.15    I had an enjoyable ‘shopping session’ this morrrrrrrrning;  I decided to stock up for Christmas and New Year so went to Ardross Farm Shop, then onto ‘The Store’.   The ‘plan’ is to go to Iain and Jackie’s for Christmas, but I have been sneezing, and have a bit of a sore throat;  now I’m wondering if I’m coming down with a ‘winter virus’.    Iain is going to phone tomorrow around about lunch time;  by then I’ll have a better idea of how I’ll feel about travelling.

I had a run to the harbour at sunset time and found it noticeably cooler than it has been of late;   there was me thinking we were going to have a week or so of warm weather.  

Yesterday  I was browsing the TV Channels and came across Michael Bublé (Canadian


singer)  asking a group of children what they wanted for Christmas.    My word they knew what they wanted;  we are living in the ‘Materialistic Age’ right enough.   Long gone are the days when you got an ordinary stocking with an orange and apple,  a pencil case, a few bits and bobs... and a new hand knitted jersey: Changed days indeed.    This year there could be loving parents worrying about being able to give their kids a Christmas dinner, never mind expensive presents.   We live in sad times and politicians should be ashamed that this could happen on their ‘watch’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....