Light rain ....

4th December 2022 (Sunday)    08.00 .... It’s raining at the moment so I


won’t be going to the beach;  actually the rain isn’t heavy, and I’d cope well enough with it, but it isn’t good for the camera.   I might loup intae the car  go for the paper and take a run down to the harbour to find a sheltered spot to catch the sunrise. 

I received a request re the underground Royal Observer post in the Pony Field,  (about a 100 metres West of the second green).   The following link explains it all     www.roc-heritage.co.uk     

10.00    There’s a wintry feel to the air today... and it’s especially noticeable at the harbour.  The light rain, mentioned in the weather forecast, comes as occasional showers so isn’t much of a problem... but are annoying!   I remembered to get a paper (I can’t afford the ‘truth’ (Observer) now, so have to make do with one of the more biased ones.... and read between the lines.  At least I can catch up with ‘Oor Wullie’.

Although I am vertical I can’t say that I am feeling playful today;  however I might brighten up after morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee.


21.00    Welllll.... I can’t say that I’ve been very active today;  I’ve had sore shoulder and neck muscles all day .... which I think may be the result of being out on the bike yesterday in the cold wind.   I’m starting to feel better now so it’s another couple of paracetamol, a mug o’ chocolate and orf to bed with my book.

I finished off the picture I was framing, then watched the Albert Finney version of ‘Scrooge’ .... that sort of got me into a slightly more Christmassy mood.   In the evening I watched ‘Genevieve’ which had me thinking of a boy that was at Aldershot with me.    He used to do the London to Brighton walk race;  a distance of 52 miles on streets and roads, and was held until 1984.  There is still a London to Brighton walk, but this is via the walking trails of Sussex etc. to raise money for various charities.

Tomorrow’s plan will be made at breakfast time;   after I know how I’m feeling.   I won’t be going out on the bike if there’s a cold wind.   ‘Drizzle and a moderate breeze’ is the weather forecast so it’s unlikely that I’ll be going out at all!   Unless in the car.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....