Bonnie morning ....

24th December 2022 (Saturday)     09.30 .... it’s a bonnie mornin’.... a fair


bit o’ cloud around but there’s only a breath o’ a breeze so nae wind chill.   I’ve been for the paper and down to the harbour;  and everything is be where it should be.  For a few weeks around the winter Solstice ,I don’t need to go to the beach to catch the sunrise if I forget the time;  this morning’s sunrise was taken from the front gate.    Not as bonnie as it would have been down on the beach.... but I was having my breakfast when I remembered the time!   I must have ‘overworked’ yesterday ... I slept for seven and a half hours last night.



19.30    Well.... I think it has been a bonnie day though, like yesterday, it has ended wet.... it’s raining now.  I’ve been busy(ish) doing ‘ousework;  it takes a lot longer to do things now but I get there in the end.   There’s no doubt the COVID floored me at the end of March....and I lost a whole summer to long COVID, but that is all in the past now and I feel that I am ‘on the mend’.... just ‘under the weather’ and tired.   I do not fancy a winter like they’re having in parts of the US of A.... that would be bothersome.  

I didn’t go out again today... I’ve been setting my ‘breakfast bar’ for the Christmas lunch tomorrow.... I’ll take a photo once the lunch is actually in place..   Due to my being ‘under the weather’ I decided to miss Christmas up at Jackie and Iain’s, so I’m having a 2020 ‘self isolating type of Christmas’... on Skype etc.   I’ll miss the Christmas atmosphere... Jackie’s homemade mince pies, and tormenting Catriona.... however I’m sure they’ll manage to scoff my share of the mince pies!   The new plan (I think) is to go up in Spring when the weather improves and we can go out on the bikes.


22.15   I saw on the weather forecast that it is supposed to be warmer tomorrow, with ‘light cloud and a fresh breeze’.   It was still raining when I was out at the bucket half an hour ago. ... so the rain must move away by morning.   I’m going to make the chocolate and get off to bed after a quiet day.   I’ll get a Christmas DVD on tomorrow morning and get into Christmas mode.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....