Damp ....

23rd December 2022 (Friday)   07.30 ....‘A chance of precipitation’


mentioned in our forecast for today and we had a shower a wee while ago;  hopefully the threat of showers will peter out when the sun gets going.   I’m going to Leven early, to catch the shops before they get too busy with Christmas shoppers.  

11.30    The Leven mission was accomplished successfully;  I found individual size Foil Containers (with lids).... in the second shop I visited.


  Tomorrow will be a ....‘stay in and work in the kitchen day’.  After shopping I went up to have a cuppa with Alice, before giving her a lift to Leven to meet her daughter, for a mini shopping session.   That reminds me:  I set off early to be in the shops before they got busy.... but both shops had  customers at the checkout before I got there at 08.20. (opening time was 08.00).    I didn’t send much time in the ‘Cheap Shop’ because they didn’t have what I was looking for, but had a good browse round the second shop (B &M), where I found what I wanted ... plus a few extra’s.   Times may be ‘hard’ but some folk were doing serious shopping...  two trolleys at the checkout in B & M’s were loaded to the eyeballs with Christmas stuff.   At the end of the queue, there was myself and two others with baskets so, thankfully, they opened another checkout.    Up till then only one checkout was operating.   I arrived home, via the Filling Station at Colinsburgh, at 10.20.

I won’t be driving in the dark again;  it’s bad enough driving against cars with lights like WW2 searchlights, but that..... and running the gauntlet of the Fife potholes is just too much.   From now on I’m a daylight only driver.

I’m tired now; I think it’s time for morrrrrrning coffee ... and to fire up the tele.

22.00     I’d say that we’ve had a mostly damp day... and the evening has been wild and


wet.    The wind is forecast to veer to the South tomorrow so we should get better weather from that.... maybe even sunny spells.   ‘Light rain showers and moderate breeze’ is the forecast for KY9.

The Christmas cards have been delivered and to celebrate I had an ‘arbour ‘ouse coffee and piece of cake sitting in the car at the ‘arbour.   Ir was enjoyable in a different sort of way.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....