Overcast and not very warm ....

28th December 2022 (Wednesday)    10.00 .... the sky is heavily overcast,


the temperature 6C (it feels colder)... and  the forecast is .... 29 second pause .... is ...  “heavy rain and a moderate breeze” moving in by lunch time.   All the ingredients of a grey and damp day really!    I had hoped to go round The Ferry on the bike but that idea is already fading into a memory.   I’ll work in the kitchen .... i.e. I’ll switch the kettle ‘on’.

10.30    I’m having morrrrning coffee before going for a short walk; ‘Willy Weather’ is forecasting ‘light rain’  (as opposed to the ‘heavy rain’ on the BBC forecast) for us;  I don’t know where ‘Willy Weather’ gets his forecast from; could be a fir cone lying on top of  a radiator, but I like the forecast;  hence going for a short walk.  I’m  a happy boy.

14.00    I had a wander to the beach a wee while ago ... and the beach was surprisingly busy considering the greyness of the sky.   At least it was dry then;  we have light rain now.... in fact it’s dreich looking afternoon.

Emily and John expect to arrive at 15.30 so I have been making everything ready for a ‘mince ‘n tautties’ dinner tonight.   I think it’s time for an afternoon coffee.... and some kind of goodie!


22.00    Emily and John arrived at 15.45... we had a cuppa and they then joined the annual Stent Family Christmas Quiz;  I wasn’t involved ‘cos I didn’t know any of the answers.  However Emily and John did really well.   I enjoyed seeing, and listening, to everybody again.  We then had the aforementioned mince and tautties’, followed by a good old blether.

Sunny intervals and fresh breeze’ is forecast for Thursday... and not too cold.   Em and John are thinking of going for a walk round the village;  I might go out on the bike if it isn’t too cold.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....