Frosty (-4C) ....

13th December 2022 (Tuesday)     08.15 .... There’s a bank of low cloud, so it  will be 15 minutes or so after actual sunrise time before the sun ‘rises’ over the cloudbank.   I had thought about going to the beach for sunrise,  but have to take a walk up to the post box later in the morrrrrrrrning;  so I’ll come home by way of the beach then.

09.45     The sun is ‘up’ and there’s warmth in its trays.... but still -4C in the shade.   The

Redshank.

car windscreen has been cleared of rime and I’ve been ‘roond The Ferry’ to warm it up a wee bit.   I’ll go for a longer run after morning coffee.   I was thinkin’ of going to Leven but I’ll check the weather forecast first;  we could have showers later... and they would be of snow at Largoward.   It’s morning coffee time.  

16.00    Although cold in the shade, this has been a ‘bright and sunny’ day; and quite warm in the sun.   I went to Leven to ‘annoy ‘Alice;  and have a bowl of her delicious soup at lunch time.   Alice’s house is very Christmassy:  now I’m wondering if I should attempt to ‘decorate’ Ivy.   I’ll have my Christmas  Cards hanging on strings;  I think that will be enough;  I’m going up to Auchnagatt for a few days at Christmas.

Curlew.

I still can’t get over how busy the East Neuk roads are now; I suspect we’ll have to get used to that.   There was ice on the bit of road I expected might be icy.... the first part of the Leven road on the West exit to Largoward., but the roads were ... well just roads really.    There was a broken down bus causing a problem on the way out of Leven but it wasn’t too much of a hold up.

22.45    At last I have the cards that need to be posted written and they will go tomorrow morrrning.   It’s going to be another cold but bright day tomorrow, so I’ll get all the cards written ready to ‘hand deliver’ over the next few days.

I’ve had an enjoyable day today; and a fairly busy one.   The ‘under the weather’ feeling


is definitely on the mend;  as long as I don’t overdo things.   I’ll be glad when this cold spell is past and I can get out on the bike again.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....