Damp and breezy ....

30th December 2022 (Friday)     09.45 .... There’s a touch of “dampness


 with a bit of a breeze” this morrrrning;  I can do nothing with my hair on damp days so it’s a ‘bad hair day’..... not a morning for going out to play or be seen.    However, the weather is going to brighten up in the afternoon;  so bring on the sunny spells. 

Though feeling slightly under the weather I’m vertical, and feeling brighter than I did yesterday; I should get out to play tomorrow.

11.30   Happy me... the Lochgelly Weather cam is signs of the rain cloud layer starting to break up;  that said, the rain is somewhat heavier in ‘The Royal Burgh’ at the moment.... it’s ‘bucketing doon’!   Em and John are off to the shops just now... I had planned to go with them but I’m not at 100%  just yet... though I feel that I am on the mend.   I might lie low for a couple o’ days.     


20.30  Emily and John had an adventurous trip to, and back from, the Fisher and Donaldson, Fudge Doughnut Factory in Cupar;  they had to make various changes to their route due to flooding and eventually came home by way of St Andrews Kingsbarns... the coast road.   We did enjoy the fruits of their labour!...Steak Bridies and Fudge Doughnut’s.   I had intended going but changed my mind because I still felt ‘under the weather’.

After lunch we went for a walk;  Emily and John went up to Chapel Green then home by way of Sea Tangle Road.   I went up to the seat at the 17th green;  I’d planned to go further but my legs were a bit shaky.... like after having the ‘flu. I presume it’s form of flu virus that I’ve had for the past few days.   I have to say it’s not too bad a virus, but, like all viruses, it weakens the muscles.   The next couple of days will be rest days.

Em and John are at Kirkcaldy, staying with their friends for Hogmanay.   I really


enjoyed having them here;  John did most of the work that I hoped to have done before they arrived.   I just couldn’t get going.  However, the bug didn’t seem to affect my tongue:  I talked a lot.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....