Wintry feel to the air ....

7th December 2022 (Wednesday)    08.00 ....It’s cold this morning but not

Sunlit 'East Lomond'

frosty;  ‘sunny intervals with a moderate breeze’ is our weather forecast’, so .... a good drying day.   I haven’t been to the beach, but will go out in the car once the sun gets going.    It should be warm in the sun and out of the wind;  but there’s going to be a wintry feel to the air all day.   (It’s mornings like this I wish I was a politician with no worries about my heating bill).   I’m vertical and feeling ‘nae bad’;  this cold weather agitates the asthma, but otherwise almost ready to go ‘out to play’.

12.00    Although cold it’s a bonnie morning to be out.... but well wrapped up.   I’ve been for the paper(s) in the car.... and down to the harbour, then home by way of Balbuthie.   I won’t go out on the bike, but might go for a short daunder in the afternoon.   


16.30    I’ve enjoyed ‘today’ even though the cold weather means ‘nae biking’ just now.   However I went to the harbour to watch the sunset (car,) then came home via Kinneuchar.   The sun was well down by the time I got to Kinneuchar but I got some pics o’ the full moon.    The air feels like we could have frost tonight though I think it’s supposed to be colder down south.

I’m going to be working in the kitchen this evening batch cooking some ‘Cottage Pies’;  that’s  a warm job.   Actually I think I’ll start that job now... I’m hungry.

21.00    The cooking session went smoothly and I have three Cottage Pies to put into the freezer before bedtime.   Normally I’d do a double batch but for some reason I only bought one pack of mince the last time I was shopping.   

‘Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze’ is our forecast for Thursday;  and Fife is included


in an Yellow warning for snow and ice.   The warning is ‘active' until midday on Friday (9th).   The weather (temperature) dictates everything I do just now... the asthma is triggered by cold air.    There’s an ‘Afternoon Tea’ in the Kirk Hall tomorrow afternoon at 14.00... I think this used to be called the ‘Drop In Cafe’.     I’ll go to that (in the car) .... unless the weather is bitterly cold.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....