Clouds and sunny spells ....

17th December 2022 (Saturday)     09.15 ....It’s cold but not frosty and


there’s a lot of cloud about.     The sun is ‘up’ and we’ve had an early sunny spell;  ‘light cloud and a fresh breeze’ is the weather forecast ... with sunny spells and a low chance of precipitation (showers).  The wind is frisky so there will be a bit o’ wind chill.  There should be interesting clouds.




20.45    I photographed my way round The Ferry when delivering  the Christmas Cards this morning , and ended up resting my weary legs and  having coffee with Irene and Ken.   It has been a good day for being out, though I was warmly wrapped up against the frisky wind.   Having done The Ferry’ I had a light lunch and a short catnap before taking the car up to Elie at sunset time and delivering a few of the Elie cards.    I’ll finish the cards off tomorrow.

The new 'Four Winds'.

I met Chris (Mennie) coming out of his Mum’s when delivering Dorothy’s card so I  went in and had a chat with Dorothy.   I must visit Dorothy more;  she is one of our original Ferry Road friends.   I was getting ready to leave when Dorothy got a phone call from Chris;  Izzy and Alice had turned up to visit me.   Luckily Chris met them and was able to tell me that they had turned up.   They had the kettle ‘on’ by the time I got 

back to Ivy, to entertain two of my ‘girlfriends’.   It’s not easy being me.   The girls had the coffee organised, so we had a happy hour chatting and having a good old reminisce and laugh.

We had a cracker o’ a sunset sky which I captured from ‘The Toft’;  not a super spectacular sunset but a bonnie mix of warm colours.   This should mean a ‘delightful


day’ tomorrow;  but there’s a Yellow warning of ‘snow, rain and ice’ for Fife tomorrow, so we’ll have to wait to see what we get in the morrrrrrrrning.   The gritter went round the Ferry this afternoon so the Fife roads Dept. must be expecting ice ... even Elie and Earlsferry.

Maureen (Lesley's sister) was telling me that the diversion route (via Largoward is going to be in place until sometime in January, because of the inclement weather (frost).

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....