Damp ....

5th December 2022 (Monday)   08.00 ....I had planned to go to the beach for

'Saipem 7000'.

sunrise time but we have light rain/drizzle just now so that idea has been shelved.   The sky looks interesting and we should get some bonnie clouds today.   I’m vertical.... and feeling slightly better but not ‘iggzactly’ ready to go out to play;  not in this weather anyway.   I might go for the paper, in the car, after breakfast.   As a point of interest re the weather;  there’s a Yellow warning for snow for parts of Scotland.... and Fife is included.    I imagine that will be the Lomond’s etc.... not the East Neuk!

17.00   We’ve had a day of mixed weather... with bonnie clouds;  and the odd shower o’ light rain.  I have had a reasonably busy day;  mostly raft stuff.   I’m glad that I kept the car;  I had  run down to the harbour in the afternoon.... without it I’d be stuck on days like this.   A car is an expensive luxury, but a necessity now that the ‘95’ bus doesn’t come round the Ferry.

Slight moan’.    It has been cold today.... and is going to be for the next few days;  investors will be rubbing their hands with glee.... I’m rubbing mine to stay warm.   It’s like in the first World War;  some people made massive profits, making the equipment needed at the Front, so that the expendables oops .... troops could give their lives.   It will be interesting to see if the COVID pandemic was 'taken advantage of' too. The human race could do better;  but greed and self interest is God.   ‘Moan over’.

21.45    Tomorrow looks like being a good drying day; so I’ll do a washing first thing in the morning and get it on the line ASAP; we’ve got to take advantage of the available daylight at this time of year.  My evening TV was the Brazil v Korea football match;  (I’m not a great football fan... too much play acting and rolling about on the ‘floor’) but I didn’t fall asleep for the whole of tonight’s game.   The first half was outstanding.

The yellow snow warning is for Wednesday but the cold spell is to be with us for a


while;  more like what we should be getting for this time of year.   I have no ‘plan’ for tomorrow;  it all depends on how I’m feeling and how cold it is.   I won’t be going out on the bike in this cold spell.

‘Saipem 7000’, the heavy lift crane, is in the Firth just now:  she has been working on the Seagreen Wind Farm off Montrose.  I’m hoping to get a really good photo of her tomorrow;  too many showers around both times I was at the harbour today.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....