Quiet, sunny morning ....

3rd April 2022 (Sunday)   08.30 .... We have a quiet start to the day.....


sunny 
with a light breeze from the West.   It’s a nice day for going out..... which I will do later.   I have Iain’s bed to make up so that will be the first mission after breakfast.... and right now it’s breakfast time.

21.00    Iain’s bed hasn’t been made up yet; I got slightly diverted.   He is coming down to pick me up on Thursday (sleeping overnight) and we travel up to Auchnagatt on Friday.... so there’s loads of time.   At least is the plan.... assuming we are all clear of COVID.   What I did do today was do a woollen wash.... and I brought the three jerseys in about five minutes before the rain started at 16.00 (ish).

Catriona.

I haven’t been anywhere today;  not even for the paper.... and I like the Sunday paper.    It was a bit too cold for me on to go out on the bike so...  have I had a ‘lazy’ day?   Not really... I cleaned the inside of the kitchen windows (the bottoms) and one of the outsides.   In the afternoon I watched the boat-race ....and cat napped;  but I saw the whole of the Men’s race.

When I think about it I haven’t been further than Ivy front gate today.    What I have been doing (and enjoying doing it) is work on my Rires Castle sketch.   I’m copying it from the only known sketch of the last Rires Castle, done by the Rev. Sime in 1805.  Also on his sketch is the outline of the front of a Chapel or kirk.... I’m wondering if that is the Rires Chapel;   the chapel was about quarter of a mile southeast of the Castle.

It’s a fairly wild night by the sound of it.... though the rain is supposed to peter out to give us a cloudy and windy day tomorrow,;  and warmer, so I might get out on the bike.    I didn’t take a single photograph today ‘cos I have been doing research in between the drawing etc.    Today's photos are from the archives.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....