Bright, breezy and cool ....

23rd April 2022 (Saturday)     07.00 ....  I wish all my friends south of ra border

Gannets feeding near Ocean Valiant.

a “Happy St George’s Day” on this ‘bright and breezy’ morning.    The wind is from the Northeast so it’s not very warm in the wind, but will be very cosy in The Hutte.    I’m taking a turn up to Chapel Green on the bike after this update.....actually I might to a ‘roond o’ the villages’ if the wind isn’t too cold.  

09.00   I couldn’t do ‘roond the villages' because the bike battery was low;  but my word it was lovely out there.   It is chilly but even on a chilly day, bumbling round Elie and Earlsferry is magical.  Having been out I’d say that the wind is certainly ‘brisk’... in fact I’d go for ‘very frisky’.   I’m ready for breakfast now, before deciding what to do next:  I’m thinking Balcarres (in the car).

21.30    Balcarres in the car?.... when the pollen count is ‘High’?.....   not one of my best ideas.   Luckily I thought of that and didn’t go;  but I have had an really enjoyable day.    There was a function on in the Toon Hall, to raise funds for Ukraine Aid, and I ended up going to the Hall to take some photos of the Hall decorated for the occasion, and the ‘girls’ in action;  and it was really braw.   I put a donation in the box but didn’t stay for the lunch:   I was, how shall I put it?.... och.... just as I usually am;  clean but sort of

The new 'Four Winds'.

untidy.    With hindsight, I should have smartened myself up and stayed for the lunch;   I could have then taken photographs of the full hall.   It looked like there was going to be a good turnout;  folks were starting to arrive as I was leaving.   Oh.... the ‘Toon Hall’ is looking good;  you can see that it is in good hands.   That reminds me I found a leaflet the other day about becoming a 'Friend of the Town Hall' .... Maggie would want me to do that.   I'll do something about it;  if I can find the leaflet again!

I didn’t go out in the afternoon;  the wind was frisky and cold....it felt more like winter


than Spring to be honest.  The bike battery has been charged up ready for the first day when there is less wind .... and from a different direction.   Tomorrows weather is going to be much the same as today’s was;  Bright and sunny with a cold wind from the Northeast.    The bike battery won’t be used up tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....