Bright and breezy ....

24th April 2022 (Sunday)     10.00 ....I’ve been to the harbour;  in fact I’ve been


to Elie and St Monans harbours.... it’s a harbour kind of mornin’.   I did think of going to Crail but I was hungry and ready for breakfast.... and a cuppa.   And ....I surprised myself....  by remembering to go for the paper! 

 Slight ‘flap on’ now.... I have a washing to hang out;  before morrrrrrrrning coffee.

16.00    I’m glad that I did the harbours in the morning;  when the wind freshened I cancelled any plans regarding going out again, and did Soduko’s in The Hutte.   Then, after the sky began to cloud over, I abandoned The Hutte and settled down in front of the tele.   I’ve had a quiet day.   Oh I did the washing, and have been drawing so it hasn’t been entirely wasted:  actually I’m kinda stuck until the wind changes direction.   In the meantime I must  keep up to date with Boris’ tomfoolery, so.... I’m going to read the paper.


21.30    I didn’t bother reading about Boris....I get the feeling that he’ll be ‘going’ after the local elections in England.   The war in Ukraine rumbles on and looks like doing so for a long time;  it’s the innocent folk being displaced that I feel sorry for.   I remember the DP’s (Displaced Persons) coming to work on the farm (Tillygreig) at the tautties after WWII.  They couldn’t go back to their own countries because Russia had taken their ‘home’ countries over;   and would soon be behind the ‘Iron Curtain’.   I didn’t really understand the politics of it, and what they had been through, but ....to me they seemed ordinary people that spoke English ‘differently’.... and they could swear.   I remember that!   
Those folks will have settled down to live their lives in the UK and other non Communist countries.   Let’s hope the Ukrainian refugees find peace and love in the countries they end up living in;  I imagine their longer term hope will be that they will be able to go ‘home’ one day.

Well it looks like the East wind is with us for the most of this week, so it’s unlikely that


I’ll get out on the bike very often;  unless the wind is very light.   I should make a lot of progress with Rires.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....