Auchnagatt ....

10th April 2022 (Sunday – Auchnagatt)    07.30 .... We have a bonnie,


frosty 
start to the day;  the forecast is for us to have #light cloud with a moderate breeze from the West’.    The hail/sleet showers that plagued us yesterday aren’t mentioned for today..... so it should be a good day for our outing to Fyvie Castle.

17.00   It has been a bonnie day here;  cold yes.... but nae squally hail /sleet showers like we had yesterday.    We went to Fyvie as planned, arriving in time to join the first Guided Tour of the day.   Our Guide was very knowledgeable, informative;  she brought the history of Fyvie to ‘life’.    I fell ‘in love’.   

On leaving the castle we took the car down to the lower car park and had a walk out to the lake.   The sun was behind clouds by this time, so the ‘light’ wasn’t the best;  however I managed to get a few photos.    

Fyvie Castle lake.

19.00   We've had a busy day ‘the boy’ is tired.... but happy.... after our visit to Fyvie.   Tomorrow we are going to Drum Castle near (Banchory).    This will be my first time at Drum, though I nearly took part in a pageant in 1947.   Princess Margaret attended the pageant but I missed it because we moved away from Crathes and I changed schools.   I’m looking forward to visiting Drum .... 75 years late.

I’m having a ‘weather’ migraine just now;  so it will be an early night in bed tonight.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....