Overcast with a cool Easterly breeze ....

14th April 2022 (Thursday)      07.45 .... I don’t think the bike will be out today:


the sky is heavily overcast and there’s a cold Easterly breeze.   It should be warmer in the afternoon....after the sun breaks through.   I’m going to wrap up warmly and have a daunder to the beach.... after another cuppa.

09.00 .... The beach was quiet this morning, with only a few people out walking their dogs..... it will be busier later once the sun breaks through, but it isn’t going to be warm down there with the easterly breeze.

When I was up at Auchnagatt I had two single  puffs of the ‘bloo’ inhaler...(at different times over five days)...and that was because I was going to be climbing stairs in the Fyvie and Drum Castles.   It will be interesting to see how I get on today, my first full day back in ‘The Royal Burgh’.

15.45    Today has been spent alternating between The Hutte and the computer; The Hutte for tea breaks, the computer doing research.   I did think of going out on the bike but the East wind has been frisky (all day) .... and not very warm.  I am not fond of an East wind.

I am going to have a cuppa then get organised for the trip to the Randolph Wemyss for the booster jab.   Not that there’s much organising to do....  apart from the cuppa!


17.15    Welll there’s been a lot of organising to do!  The car battery was absolutely flat; so I’ve rung George, the RAC (Home Start) and re-scheduled my appointment.   I know what flattened the battery;  I checked and did the tyre pressures yesterday, then had a cuppa and forgot to take the car for a run.   It had been standing all the time I was up at Auchnagatt.   I’m no’ very guid wi’ cars!   I'm 'guid wi' kettles .... orf to put the kettle ‘on’.  

 20.30    I’ll be glad when tomorrow comes;  if only because ‘today’ will be yesterday!    This has not been one of my best days.   I don’t need the RAC  to turn up until tomorrow to start the car but there wasn’t a place to mention that on the online ‘form’.   I’ll have another cuppa!

The day is ending with light rain;  I’m looking for sunshine tomorrow.

21.00    The RAC arrived about 20.35 and the car has been taken for a run up to Kinneuchar and Balbuthie.   Fingers crossed for tomorrow morrrrrrning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....