Dull and wet ....

13th April 2022 (Wednesday - Auchnagatt)    07.00 ....It’s overcast and wet....


not a good hair day;  but not a bad day for travelling down to Fife.   We’re leaving Auchnagatt about 09.00 and should be at Ivy just after midday.... depending on  how busy the roads are.    We have a comfort break at Morrison’s (Dundee) .... where I’ll buy milk and bread.   Must ‘go’ ever so slight ‘flap on’;  got final packing to do.

11.30    Arrived back in The Royal Burgh at 10.50 after a good journey down.   We had heavy rain until we reach the Stonehaven turn off, then  mixed intensity rain spells until just outside Dundee where the rain ceased and we started to see blue bits in the sky.  Iain didn’t stay for lunch, and is now heading for Auchnagatt after a short break.   I’m having a quick cuppa before raising an ‘I’m in Residence’ flag, and taking the car for a short run.


15.30    I’ve been down to the beach and found it surprisingly busy;  then I remembered that this is Easter weekend so the villages will be extremely busy.... as will be the beach if the weather is decent.   The car has been started and taken for a turn round ‘The Ferry’....I’ll have a cuppa then check the tyre pressures.

20.30    Welll.. ....it’s now chocolate time after a long and busy day, and I’ll be glad to get into bed.    Tomorrow is going to a busy day;  with a phone appointment with the Doctor in the early afternoon, then along to the Randolph Wemyss for my booster jab.  Dod’s appointment is 20 minutes before mine so we’re travelling together.   I’m looking forward to Friday being a quiet ‘rest day’.

I had a great time up at Auchnagatt... in spite of this cold spell.   With the NTS places



having re-opened, it was great being able to visit places again.... and it doesn’t matter what the weather doing, when you’re enjoying a Guided tour round a castle.

I’ll have a bumble round the villages tomorrow morning, on the bike if the weather is fine, n the car if necessary.   The forecast isn’t bad.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....