Overcast but warmer ....

15th April 2022 (Friday)    06.30 ....it’s a quiet morning;  the sky is overcast


and there’s only a light breeze (Easterly); not a great drying day.   I’m having a cuppa before going for a paper and taking a run down to the harbour ..... in the car.    I’m feeling considerably less stressed than I was yesterday, and looking forward to pottering about day;  I might even go out on the bike later as the air feels warmer..... and the sun is trying harder to break through.

09.30    I’ve been for the paper (in the car)... and down to the harbour where it was pleasing to see the boats back on the water.... well they would have been on the water if the tide hadn’t been out.    I came home by way of Abercrombie, the Colinsburgh straight and Kinneuchar to give the car battery a good charge.   I’m now having a cuppa before deciding what to do next.   We had a short sunny spell when I was at the harbour but the sky is mostly overcast now;  apart from a clear sky over the Lammermuir Hills. 


12.00    The sun is fighting a losing battle trying to burn off the cloud.... it is a dour looking day now, and colder than it was when I was at the harbour this morning, but at least it’s dry.    I won’t be biking today;  unless we get a late batch of sunny spell;  so it looks like being a computer afternoon for ‘the boy’.

16.45    I enjoyed the best time of the day at the harbour in the early morning;  since then it has been colder but the sky is brightening up as I type.   It’s too cold for the bike but I might have a short walk in the evening.   I’ve had a lazy day but after yesterday’s ‘excitement’ a lazy day is ‘iggzactly’ what I needed.   I think tomorrow is forecast to be warmer. 

Going by the number of cars going down Ferry Road the villages are busy; which is good, as long as they are not choc-a-bloc.   I’ll get up early tomorrow morning and go out, on the bike, before the roads are busy.

21.30   I had a walk up to the Pony Field late in the early evening;  the sun was breaking


through now and again making for an interesting sky and light.  The golf course was busy so I got a few moody misty shots of players coming along the 17th fairway.  

I have already said that the ‘plan’ is to get 'up and out' early tomorrow morrrrrning.... I'll then potter around Ivy for the remainder of the day;  there’s much needing to be done in the garden..

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....