The calm after 'Arwen'.....

27th November 2021 (Saturday)    11.30 .... The ‘Lady of Rivendell’ has


moved south, leaving us with a few reminders of  the mood she was in last night.    Actually we are very lucky;  the North East bore the brunt of her anger.   Iain and Jackie were without power from about 20.00 last night;  as were about 79,999 homes in the Northeast of Scotland..

I went for the paper, in the car, and had to detour by Fountain Road and South Street as ‘Sally’s Christmas tree (a real tree) had blown down and was blocking the street.... a sheltering a car underneath it.   Kath told me that Neil had reported a boat on the road at the harbour so I went home, had a quick cuppa then went out on the bike.   Oh... there’s a chilly wind blowin’, so wrap up well.


The boat at the harbour is ‘Sea Queen’;  the St Monans skiff.    It had been moved aside to let vehicles access the harbour area.   It was bitterly cold down there, but the temperature wasn’t going to stop the ‘Blue Tits’ swimmers:  They arrived, as I was leaving, to go for their high tide dip.... presumably going in via the slipway at the car park.... to, the more sheltered, Woodhaven Bay.

I came home by way of South Street then up to Chapel Green;  I was glad to get home to a cosy Ivy.

16.30    There’s nothing like a bitterly cold day, to have me finding out how to set the timings on the new central heating;  all is good and cosy in Ivy.  It is going to be cold again tomorrow so it will be interesting to see how the new settings work.

Other than fiddling about with the central heating buttons, I’ve had a lazy afternoon.   I


watched half an Episode of something on the tele, fell fast asleep and woke up to a cold cuppa.   After a fresh cuppa I brought in the washing, then, went for a short run in the car.   Now I am ready for a quiet evening in front of the tele/computer.


21.00    I have to say I do not like wind storms such as ‘Arwen’;  I think it’s the continual noise in the background that gets to me.   Thankfully it’s only storms above F8 that have a threatening sound to them;  tonight I will make up for the sleep I lost last night every time I woke up.   When I think about it;  I’ve probably already done that in front of the tele this afternoon.    I’ll do the ironing that I meant to do earlier, before I go to bed.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....