Bright and breezy ....

1st November 2021 (Monday)    09.00 ....it was raining when I went for the


paper, but, by the time I’d reached the harbour the rain had stopped;  I got a few sunrise time photographs, before going for the paper (and milk).    The ‘plan’ is to go out on the bike later in the morning;  perhaps as far as Kinneuchar if it isn’t too windy.




13.00    I decided to take a trip to the bottle bank at Woodhaven car park, so I haven’t been out on the bike so far today.    It’s a nice enough day, but there is a fresh wind and it’s not very warm on the lugs.   I went to the bottle bank via Kinneuchar and St Monans, for a change of scene;  eventually arriving at Woodhaven to find the parking place I like mooring up in occupied:  it’s where I can sit and admire the view.   Obviously the villages are still busy with holiday makers.   I’m hungry....food  (it’s in the oven) should be ready in 15 minutes or so.


17.00   I’ve had a fairly active day:  unfortunately I had a migraine early in the afternoon and that curtailed my activities, and I ended up watching some of the speeches from the opening of the COP26 (Conference of Parties - United Nations climate talks).   Strangely enough I found what I did see interesting;  the Prime Minister of Barbados seemed to hit the button, re the position Mother Earth is in due to human activity. 

Observation.   From the few speeches I saw I came to the conclusion;  that the state the planet is in today has been brought about by human greed and ignorance.   Scientists have been warning us for decades so ‘ignorance’ is no longer an excuse;  but ‘human greed’? .... I doubt if we can do much about that.   From the time our human ancestors discovered how to use fire, then found more efficient ways of killing;  so that we eventually became the top predator on the planet, greed took over.    A bit like the Garden of Eden I guess.   It’s going to take brave politicians save the planet from disaster;  and I don’t see many of the top leaders being that brave.... they're too tied in to big business.    No, it’s down to the young people;  they are the ones that will ‘inherit the earth’,  the politicians would do well to listen to young people as well as the scientists.    I feel better now.... that cleared the migraine.

19.30    The ‘Master Plan’ for tomorrow?    Once again it depends on the weather.... it

Mediaeval head on St Monans kirk.

always does at this time of year.   It might be a reasonable ‘drying day’ so I’ll consider doing a washing.   The migraine headache has gone, and I’m feeling lively;  the liveliest I’ve felt all day .... so, I’m thinking I could get out on the bike tomorrow.   I'm now going to see what I can find to watch on the tele.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....