Overcast .....

9th November 2021 (Tuesday)   09.00 .... The sun is starting to burn off the


heavy cloud we had earlier (I’ve been for the paper) and we should have the some long sunny spells before lunch time.... with a lovely afternoon to go out and ‘play’.   It was quiet at the harbour (at 07.20) and I could see that sunrise was going to be hidden by low cloud.   The ‘Thing’ continues to trundle up and down the Firth, and will do so until the weather is calm enough, in the North Sea, for it to be set in place, ready for wind turbine to fit on top.   I’m not sure which wind farm it will end up at: ‘NNG’ off Crail, or ‘Seagreen’ off Montrose.


20.30    I enjoyed a run to Kinneuchar via Elie and Balbuthie, on what was  a really pleasant afternoon;  it was a good day for the camera.    Shona suddenly appeared, seemingly from ‘nowhere’, when I was taking photos at the Balbuthie junction corner:  she had passed by in her car and I didn’t see her.   I’m like that when looking through the viewfinder.     Anyway we had a chat, then Shona went off to put the kettle on, and I went about getting the photographs I wanted, before joining Shona at her residence for afternoon coffee;  and a good catch up with each other’s ‘news’.   It was warm enough to sit out in a sunny corner of her garden:  A very pleasant afternoon.

The wind had freshened, and the sun was low in the Western sky by the time I set off for


home;  this meant that the sun was in my eyes when travelling West,  luckily that was only for about a total distance of 500 metres.  It was only an inconvenience and certainly didn’t spoil my afternoon.

The weather forecast for tomorrow looks good;  ‘sunny intervals with a moderate breeze’.   I’ll bike for the paper(s) early, then go to the ‘Pav’ for morrrrrning coffee with Myra, at the History Society coffee morning ‘get together’.   Geoff would be there but is in the ‘dry dock’ just now, having had a fall at home.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....