Bright and breezy ....

19th November 2021 (Friday)  18.00 .... oh dear.... I have been a busy boy


and forgot to update 'The Hutte':  it’s so long ago since the day began,  that I’ve forgotten what I have been doing.   Let's see how I get on.

It began with me taking the bike out at 07.20 to go for the paper and visit the harbour.   At that time there was a fresh breeze, and we had some light spits and spots of rain blowing through.... which is why I didn’t go to the beach as I had planned.     As it was I ended up at my ‘sheltered spot’ at the harbour.

The bike battery was showing three bars when I left Ivy but down to two by the time I got to the ‘paper shop’ so.   It is recommended that you ‘flatten’ the battery now and again;  today was going to be that day.   It ran out when I was half way along South Street, biking into, what was a strong wind  being funnelled along the street.    I switched off the power, went down to the lowest gear and pottered my way home.


The sun was well up in the sky by the time I finished breakfast.... and hung out a washing;  so I decided to go to the beach .... mostly to try out my ability to ‘hirple’ further, and down to the beach.   There’s shallow path through the dunes where I get down.   On the way down to the ‘new seat’ I met a lady who had been walking her dog.   The ‘new seat’ isn’t a real seat, it’s a board fitted across the base for a beach hut:  a perfect place for me to take a breather before having a go on the beach.   I surprised myself and enjoyed a good potter around once I got onto the firmer sand.   I was able to do this today because I bought a new support bandage for the bad knee.

19.30    ‘M’ and I are back Skyping;  her son guided her through, by phone, whatever it was that needed to be done.    New Zealand is coming up to the height of summer, while we are apparently going to have more seasonal weather from Sunday;  in other words it’s going to become colder, with frost in the glens:   Glenrothes for instance.

I’m going to have browse through the TV channels to see what I can find to watch before


making the chocolate.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....