Beautiful morning ....

22nd November 2021 (Monday)   09.30 .... Another lovely, late autumn


morning;  and a beautiful start to another bonnie day.... I met Marcia with the dogs.    I have yet to go for the paper but I’ll do that on my way to St Andrews.   I suppose I’d better go and get organised;   I’ll begin by switching 'on' the kettle. 






14.30     Would you believe it.... the car needs a new wiper blade, the horn disnae work and it needs a new gaiter.    The wiper blade I knew about, I didn’t know where the horn button was ‘cos I’ve never has cause to use it, (a trumpet symbol means that’s where the horn is; I found the 'trumpet' in the middle of the steering wheel.   The whole lot comes to  £220 (including MOT).    It (the car) goes in on Friday to get the bits and pieces fixed.


The car always runs smother and quieter, after it’s been in the garage.    I think I need to put air in the tyres oftener.    I do check them regularly, every three of four months .... it should be every two or three weeks.   I had a quiet, relaxing run home via Balcarres Estate 

The sky has clouded over since this morning, but I have no intention of going  very far this afternoon.    I had thought of going out on the bike but the air is too chilly;   and , having had lunch, I’m ready for ‘50’.

20.00     What an absolute cracker of a sunset sky;  I went to the beach, and the Ferry High Street to take my photos.   We are having some bonnie sunrise, and sunset  skies recently;  long may they continue.    

I  have someone coming to install a Smart Meter tomorrow afternoon.   There was one


installed four years ago but it couldn’t get a signal, so the installer had to remove it.     Presumably the one that’s going to be installed tomorrow connects to the hub and not a phone signal.   Making it easy for him/her to access the meter cupboard won’t take long;   that will be my job, first thing tomorrow morning.   







21.00    Today has been a fairly hectic kind of day, but I’m happy, and content, at the end of a really bonnie day.   I must remember to stay in tomorrow afternoon for the meter installer.   

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....