Lovely sunrise ....

14th November 2021 (Remembrance Sunday)  12.30 .... I  watched The


Cenotaph Commemoration  Parade this morning.   Watching the Veteran’s marching in Memory of fallen comrades is very moving.... we all have relations and loved ones we ‘Remember’ from conflicts around The World.  I always ‘Remember’ my grand uncle, Pte Frederick Bruce who was killed in action (KIA) in April 1918.   His body was never found.

Although the sky is heavily overcast now, we had a beautiful sunrise, on a balmy morning.    There was a lot of cloud about, and the actual sunrise moment was hidden by low cloud.   The sun rose above the low cloud about 20 minutes later. 


20.00    The first part of the morning was the best time of the day, so, with the sky being overcast from mid morning, I decided to have a good ‘rest day’ .... and I feel better for it.  I found a couple of ‘Inspector Morse’ episodes that I hadn’t seen for a while and watched them in between catnaps.    I’ll catch up with the bits I missed, the next time they’re on.    I was happy staying ‘in’;   I had a load of photographs to sort from this morning, then a few from the ‘Cenotaph’ Commemoration on the BBC.    Photographs off the tele come out ‘nae bad’ nowadays;   must be because they are filmed in HD.

My SSAFA Christmas cards were delivered yesterday;  I’ll write them on any rainy days that come our way.   I won’t be writing cards tomorrow because tomorrow is forecast to be of the ‘sunny intervals with a gentle breeze’ kind.   I might have ago at Elie Estate tomorrow;  the road shouldn’t be too muddy.   I haven’t been through the estate for a few weeks, and after a ‘lazy rest day’ today I’ll want the exercise.

After a couple of weeks of being unable to get in contact on Skype, ‘M’ and  I were able

Photo from BBC Cenotaph Commemoration.


to chat tonight:   ‘M’ could see me (that was a bonus) but for some reason I couldn’t see her.    ‘M’ uses an i-pad and I haven’t a clue about them so couldn’t make any suggestions.   I imagine all will be well tomorrow night, once ‘M’ decides on which ‘button’ to hit.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....