Quiet and peaceful ....

8th November 2021 (Monday)   10.00 ....There’s nae wind this morning, so

07.33


all is quiet and peaceful again.   I’ve been ‘roond the villages’ and all is where it should be.... except my paper which is still in the shop.   I’ll go out in the car later and pick it up then:  I’m trying for a whole week of picking up the paper in the morning.... but not necessarily when I’m out first thing.  

The sky is starting to thicken from the West; so the band of rain, mentioned in the weather forecast, could well be lurking out there.   I think it’s coffee time.

12.00    I’ve been for the paper, then on to the ‘Store’ to do some shopping;   I got what I wanted but a lot of the shelves were empty..... crisps etc.    And, this is hard to believe.... no Rich Tea biscuits!....and I like Rich Tea biscuits. 

The sky has clouded over but the light rain has yet to reach us;  however I have things to do on the computer, and maybe even have a catnap.   ‘Puku’ (bless his  shapely 10 pack) is hungry.


20.00    I have ordered SSAFA  Christmas cards, instead of printing off my own this year.   I enjoy doing own cards, but this way the money is going to a charity;  and all charities are dependent on donations.    Catnap? ..... yes I managed to have quiet rest in the middle of the afternoon.  

The predicted rain duly arrived though it wasn’t very heavy, and didn’t last long.   I had a wander down to the beach at sunset time:  the actual going down of the sun wasn’t visible, but it was very peaceful, and the beach was busy with walkers..... and our local swimming group, ‘the ‘Blue Tits’, were enjoying a swim in calm water, rather than the bumpy stuff of the past two days.

Comment.    Someone needs to take Boris aside and tell him that this is no longer Eton


Playgroup politics;  this is the real World, with real people: People who depend on him, and his cronies, acting with integrity;  and, setting a good example wouldn’t go amiss either.    We have a planet to save!     Moan over.   (and ....I feel better).   Apologies to anyone I may have offended, but Boris has upset me.... again.

Tomorrow is going to be a better day.... and I have a fully charged battery on the bike.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....