Quiet morning ....

23rd November 2021 (Tuesday)   11.30 .... It’s another lovely day.... and I


am ready for the smart meter installer.    Not that I expect to end up with a smart meter.... unless it works off the ‘hub’. 

We had a quiet, and peaceful, sunrise this morning;   and I have been for the paper (in the car), and came home by way of Balbuthie to have a look at Kinneuchar.   The temporary traffic lights are still in situ.

I’ll have to stay in until the meter installer is finished;  it shouldn’t take long as the first one (four years ago did all the wiring.

20.00    John, the Smart Meter installer arrived at 13.40 but, although this generation of meter is an improvement on the first, it still uses the mobile phone masts for its signal... so... no  Smart Meter:  until they invent a Smart one that sends via the ‘hub’.   However we did have coffee, and a good blether;  John is a golfer, his home course being the nine hole at Auchterderran.


I had a walk up to the golf course at sunset time, mostly for the fresh air, as there was never going to be a spectacular sunset, such as we had last night, because there was bank of low cloud;  however it was good  to be out .... ‘roamin’ in the gloamin’.... and I wasn’t the only one:  I could see a few folk, dotted around  the golf course.

Tomorrow is going to be a ‘rest day’ for ‘The Boy’;  I feel that I need a day when I do the things that I feel like doing.... not the things that I have to do.   ‘Sunny intervals with a frisky breeze’ is the forecast so I may take a turn round the villages in the afternoon;  but, ‘nae ‘plan’ for tomorrow.     An early night in bed with my book will be tonight’s ‘plan’;  after a browse through the TV channels.... and a mug o’ chocolate.

The Colinsburgh Lunch Club is on tomorrow;  the first time since the pandemic


restrictions were introduced.    I think I’ll go to that and meet all the ‘Colinsburgh Girls’ again.    Of course there’s the History Society ‘coffee meet’ in the ‘Pav’ at 10.30.   Tomorrow is already beginning to have that ‘laid back’ look to it..... if I don’t allow myself to be diverted.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....