Cold ....

28th November 2021 (Sunday)   07.30 ....I couldn’t understand what the



streaks were that the Aberdour weather cam was picking up;  it was a light snow shower.   ‘Light snow showers with a moderate breeze’ is the forecast for the early part of the day, with sunny spells in between the showers.   It’s going to be a cold day but there should be interesting clouds.    Oops .... forget the clouds ....it’s snowing here just now:  very picturesque... and very wintry

09.00    It’s not really very picturesque;   it’s just wet, and cold.   I’ve been for the paper... and... I’ve just realised;  I saw Monica.    A young girl came into the ‘paper shop’ as I was going out;  it was only when she waved when passing the car,  that it dawned on me.... that’s “Monica”.    I haven’t seen Monica for months, and there’s me trying to untangle the camera strap from the handbrake handle.   I am a silly boy.   

From the ‘paper shop’ I went to the harbour but I didn’t linger there.   I’ll go out  when the weather brightens up.

10.30    We have a bright and breezy day now, and I am thinking of taking the bike out.   The temperature is above freezing (2C) so there shouldn’t be any ice now.  The snow we had first thing has melted, leaving everything is wet;  I might be better to wait about a 'cuppa consuming length of time', before going out.


19.00    Going from what I have read, and seen on the news, Iain and Jackie (Auchnagatt) and a load of other households in the Northeast are still without power.  Hopefully things should be back to normal tomorrow.   They have a wood burning stove, and their own liquid gas supply so will be warm, and well fed.   It’s times like this you need to be well stocked up with Cornflakes and milk.

I’ve had a funny kind o’ day;  you know, one of those when I couldn’t really get fired up.   I eventually went up to Chapel Green on the bike in the middle of the day.... it was quite warm at that time, with only a light breeze;  there was a lot of cloud about.   The ‘sooth side’ of the Firth had more snow than we had, at least that’s how it looked from Chapel Green.   I imagine there would be  snow to the West of Fife.

I had a messy start to my day;  the innards of  a tea bag ended up all over the cooker, the

Snow covered Lammermuir's.

worktop and on the floor: Cleaning that mess up took about half an hour.   It was after the clean up (and the cuppa that I eventually made) that I went up to Chapel Green.   Chapel Green was busy with folk out for their daily exercise;  although mostly cloudy there was a bonnie ‘light’ about.




It’s going to be another cold day tomorrow;  ‘Light cloud and a moderate breeze’ is forecast so ‘The Boy’ (that’s ‘me’) will be lying low.   Anywhere I do go will be in the car.

19.30   I’ve been talking to Iain (Auchnagatt) on the phone and they are coping fine.    Apparently our battery assisted bikes have a USB socket so they are able to charge the phone etc.   Luckily Jackie’s bike has s fully charged battery.   The hope to be reconnected to the electricity supply tomorrow sometime.    I’ll be having a look for the USB connection on my bike tomorrow.   In the meantime I am going to make the chocolate and browse the tele Channels. 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....