"Red sky in the morning etc". ....

16th November 2021 (Tuesday)     09.30 .... Although now a ‘good weather’


sign, we had a colourful  sunrise time sky;  definitely a touch of the ‘Red sky in the morning etc.”   There is a brisk wind this morning, though it’s not cold.... nothing like ‘old November’ temperatures.    The sky looks threatening towards the West, and my Top Secret weather forecaster, who wants to remain anonymous, Marcia,  (oops ... so much for ‘anonymity’) told me it’s likely to rain in the afternoon.   Oh well.... computer and tele it will be.   The bike battery is being charged up, ready for the next good day.   That could be tomorrow.


20.00     I had a walk to the beach after lunch;  I say ‘walk’, but it’s more like sedate ‘hirple’, since I pranged my bad knee a few weeks ago.  There was fresh wind, and the sky overcast so, it was cauld.    Even so the beach was much busier than I expected it to be;  everybody was well wrapped up, including me, though I’d have worn my gloves if I’d known it was going to be so cold.    It was warmer at the harbour this morning.


Occasionally I find something really interesting to watch on the tele;  this afternoon I got lucky and found a programme about two Architects, Clare and Sandy Wright, (Wright and Wright, Architects) who design libraries.   Today’s programme was about the new library for Lambeth Palace.   What they have done is design and build a modern building, using all the modern ‘green’ technology etc, but built it so that it will last a1000 years: And designed with empathy, so that the old and new buildings are a new ‘whole’:  Beautifully done.   In the programme Clare (Wright MBE) mentioned that John Ruskin said, “When we build, let us build forever”.  Very applicable, in this throwaway age; especially now, when there’s all the talk about ‘saving’ the planet.

Tomorrow is going to be a brighter, but not much warmer, day, with ‘light cloud and a


moderate breeze’.   If there isn’t too much rain tonight I might tackle the Elie Estate road tomorrow morning.... and ... I’ll be wearing my gloves.

There’s new bench appeared, on a beach hut platform, and it’s perfectly placed for me anyone taking seascape and sunrise photographs of Elie Bay.  This will be especially welcome when the wind is from the North.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....