Breezy ....

26th November 2021 (Friday)   08.30 ....the wind has freshened since I first


‘stuck ma heid oot the door’ at 06.00.   I haven’t been to the beach for various reasons;   the mechanic is coming to pick up the car.... we have occasional showers blowing through .... and it’s cauld.   There’s a wintry feel to the air this morning.   The wind is to freshen up to Gale 8-9 later so I’d better get the bike oot and go for the paper before the serious wind arrives.   The mechanic has been, so I’ll have a cuppa, and then get the bike oot.

10.00    It is breezy ... especially at the harbour.    Yes;  I’ve been for the paper, and, feeling brave I decided to visit the harbour.    Apart from the wind it was quiet down there, but someone has been working because the ‘Harbour Cafe’ has been dismantled for the winter.   I didn’t get as far as Chapel Green because the bike battery was showing one bar.... and is now being charged.


I am going to work in the kitchen this morning, that’s always a warm job;  and I have the ingredients to make ‘Cottage Pies’ for the freezer.    I don’t actually live on ‘Cottage pies alone;   I have Cornflakes in the morning.    No I do have a mixed diet, you know, fish, chicken... and even a salad now and again.    And loads o’ fruit.   I’ve gone off chocolate biscuits again.... and back on plain digestives with jam.

 



14.30    The wind is of the ‘very frisky’ kind just now;  F8 at the Forth Anchorage (Saipem 3000).   I suppose if you wanted to see huge waves the places to be would be in the Northeast of Aberdeenshire:  Gardenstown and Crovie being well in line for severe weather and waves.   There’s ‘Red Warning out for severe winds from 15.00 this afternoon through until 02.00 tomorrow morning, for the East Coast of Scotland and Northeast England.   We are on the Western edge of the Red Warning area.

I enjoyed working in the kitchen, now I am ready for a quiet couple of hours in front of the tele.   I can’t fall asleep, and I can't go to the beach; ‘cos the mechanic will be bringing the car back.

19.00    My word... it’s wild.   The wind is at F10 where Saipem 3000 is; in the middle of the Firth off Anstruther.    I do not like the wind;  it’s forecast to start moderate around midnight.   It’s worse when there’s a rainy squall .   The lights have been flickering so I a torch by my side.  

Brian (mechanic) has managed to bring the car back, having had to abort his first


attempt to at Cameron because of fallen trees.    He eventually got through by way of Dunino, but even that road has fallen trees, though not blocking the complete road so there’s single lane.   He had a bit of  wait there.    Anyway he got back safely , and ‘Sooper Buggy’ is fully MOT’d and moored up at Ivy.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....