Bonnie, chilly morning .....

4th November 2021 (Thursday)     07.00 .... There’s definitely a touch of


autumn in the air this morning.... the garden thermometer is at 2C:  cold it may be, but it is a lovely morning, and the forecast is good for the whole day... albeit colder.    I’ll get the bike out to go for the paper;  then charge the battery, so that I can go out for a decent run when the air is warmer.

10.00    We have a beautiful morning now.... in fact it’s warm;  well warmer that it was first thing, the temperature being 7C in the shade.    The bike battery has about an hour to go before it’s fully charged, so it will be pleasant biking in warm sunshine.    I’ve been on ‘the paper run’ but got sidetracked and forgot the paper .... again.   We didn’t have a spectacular sunrise, but it was bonnie.... and very peaceful.   I think I will have a cuppa before getting organised for Balcarres:  I need to change the camera battery and clean the lens.


16.00    It was a beautiful day for my trip to Balcarres Estate;  it was pleasantly warm in the autumn sunshine.   I chose to only cross the Den Road, rather than bike on it because it would be muddy.    In fact the only bit of the Den Road that I did cross was muddy, because a vehicle (tractor probably) had travelled it not long before me.    I’ll travel the Den Road the next time I go to Balcarres;  after a decent spell of dry weather.

The estate is noticeably in the grip of Autumn, with leaves all over the place as the trees go into ‘neutral’ for the winter.   It’s all looking lovely albeit in a decaying kind of way.    I didn’t meet anyone on at all on the estate;  though I did see Robbie in the distance, doing something with sheep.

The bike battery is being charged up ready for the next action;  right now it’s cuppa time.

19.30    Welllll .... I have had a brilliant day.... and I’m not as tired as I’d expected to be


after biking to Balcarres.   I couldn’t get up to Chapel Green to catch the sunset as the bike was still charging at the time;  but I did get a few photos of the High street.

Tomorrow is forecast to be a bit cloudier.... and slightly warmer.   I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow.... but I do have a fully charged battery on the bike so I might venture along to St Monans, if the weather amenable and the roads not too busy.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....