"All quiet on the Western Front" .....

 

11th November 2021 (Thursday) .... 


                                   An Eala Bhan’  



09.00 .... We had a lovely sunrise this Remembrance Day morning:  When we remember those who lost their lives in the carnage of  two World Wars, and other conflicts around the World.    “Man’s inhumanity to man makes countless thousands mourn”.  (Robert Burns 1784).

13.00    There was a good turnout, at the War Memorial (Elie), to remember those who

Hector and George
lost their lives so that we can enjoy the freedom we have today.    Hector and George  (Gordon) were honouring three uncles whose names are on the Elie Memorial.   A poignant day for them;  a poignant day for everyone there, who would be remembering some family member who perished on the battlefields of the World.    Hector travels all the way from Cambridge to do so.









20.00    I went to Ardross Farm Shop after the War Memorial to have a browse, and do a shopping.    A Lemon Drizzle cake browsed its way into the basket;  my word.... it is absolutely scrumptious:  everything from Ardross is excellent, but this is the first time I have got back amongst the cakes ‘n things since we  returned, to near enough, ‘auld normal’.   A Fruit Loaf might browse its way into the basket next time.

Sunrise.

I’ve had a busy day;  but I don’t feel as tired as I usually do at this time.... that said, I did have a catnap in front of the tele in the afternoon.

There’s the seeds of an idea birlin’ around in my heid;   I’m seriously thinking o’ getting a haircut tomorrow:  the forecast is good.... it’s going to be warm for the time of year!

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....