Peaceful morning ....

10th May 2021 (Monday)      09.30 .... We have a bonnie, calm morning ... with


occasional spits and spots o’ rain (light showers are forecast) but it is warm.   I went for the paper.... and (back to my normal routine) ....down to the harbour.   Everyone will be pleased to know that everything is where it should be down there:  Except the water for reflections;  the tide was out.









14.30   My word ... that was a heavy shower.   I was up in Elie, luckily in the car, to do a shopping at Neil’s (Appleton’s) and had just got into the car when the heavens opened.   To be honest I wondered what the noise was at first, then realised it was the size of the rain drops hitting the car roof.   That’s the car washed for the summer.

I had to buy a new spongy mop at Neil’s;  I’d worn out the last one washing the kitchen, bathroom and lobby floors.    Tomorrow is going to be a good drying day doing floors .... and... for washing sheets;   I’m going to be busy.


 
The plan was to go out on the bike sometime today but the showers are too frequent.... and heavy.   Tomorrow is a better forecast but the Estate road will be muddy after today’s rain.

16.00    Saw my first House Martin a few minutes ago;  but still waiting for Swallows.   Swifts should also be arriving soon.   The heavy, thundery type, showers have hampered my activities today, but I hope to be active tomorrow.

21.00    Welll .... I am depending on tomorrow being a good drying day;  the washing is ready to hang out first thing tomorrow morning.... showers are forecast for later in the afternoon.    The plan is to go out on the bike in the morning, then potter around Ivy in the afternoon.... including washing the floors:  that way I can rescue the washing if showers do come our way.

I’ve had a fairly busy day today, but never went out on the bike;  which has a fully charged battery.... for tomorrow   The plan being, to go into Balcarres Estate at


Broadlands then bike down the Den to Robin Grays .... if the den road is not too muddy.   If the road is muddy I’ll photograph my way round the Pond and leave the den by way of the Balcarres Mains road.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....