Sunny and breezy ....

5th May 2021 (Wednesday)     09.00 ....  The thermometer was at 1C  at 07.00, so


it’s  cool, and with a brisk breeze there’s wind chill.... so it feels like -3C.   I’ve been for the paper ... yes... and down at the harbour.   It’s warm in the sun as long as you’re out of the wind.   Oh ...I didn’t have the harbour to myself;  three men were preparing to go out on a RIB;  my word... it would be cold out on the water.   I can’t imagine them going very far.... I shivered at the thought of it.  








11.00    After a morning of ‘mild work’:  I hung out a washing and did some ‘ooverin’ and dustin’.... now I’m wonder if I should go out on the bike.    I fancy a run up to Kinneuchar;  should I go now or after lunch.    The decisions I have to make.

Jill (Asthma Nurse) has given a new inhaler, to be used until this cold spell is past.   Otherwise all is well on the asthma front.   I guess that going out on the bike, in this cold wind, might not be the best idea I’ve had today;   taking the car up to Robin Gray’s and having a wander up the Den instead would be warmer.   I’ll have ‘morning coffee’ while I make up my mind.





15.00    Wellll .... that cleared the head;   we’ve  just had a rumble of thunder and caught the edge of a hail shower.   Some bonnie clouds around so I’ll have a walk down to the beach after I finish my ‘afternoon coffee’.    I’d taken in the washing before the shower reached us;  the washing was 75% dry.... and ready for ironing.

I did go out in the car before lunch, but,  instead of going to Robin Gray’s to have a walk up Balcarres Den, I stopped at Kinneuchar Kirk.   There’s a load of local history to be browsed on the old gravestones.   A number of Maggie’s ancestors  are interred in Kinneuchar. 

The  sketch pads that I ordered over the weekend have been despatched;   I can get back to drawing again.    I have a few ‘projects’, all going on at the same time;  an anti-boredom measure.

20.30    After a fairly busy day, and no catnaps, I am tired tonight;  I’ll have a ‘rest day’


tomorrow.    I must bike to the ‘paper shop’, and the Chemist:  I don’t need to ‘Vote’ as I did that (by post) a couple of weeks ago.... so a quiet day at Ivy it shall be.   The forecast for tomorrow is for our weather to be much the same as it was today.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....