Wet .....

4th May 2021 (Tuesday)    07.00 .... the ‘wet and windy’ weather has


moderated, and we should have sunny spells and showers by mid morning.   The wind is fresh and from the North, so it will be cool.   Mmmmm... not a morning for going through Elie Estate on the bike.

09.00    Is it a good morning for some retail therapy?   Yes:  so I went to ‘The Store’ and had a healthy dose of it ...‘RT’ i.e..    Not only that;  the sky is beginning o break up, and we have already had a brief sunny spell of 30 seconds or so.   I don’t think I’ll need the sun cream;  but the outlook  for the rest of the day is starting to look promising.   I think a celebratory Cappuccino is called for.

12.30     Ye Gods;    with blustery rain showers and a cold wind, it has not been pleasant out;  not at Ivy Cottage front gate anyway (after the shopping, that's as far as I have been).   I wondered what the red bits were, blowing around on Ferry Road then I realised it was the heads of Angela and Leonard's tulips at Rotomahana.   They were looking really lovely too.    That’s the kind of weather we’ve had this morning;  more like coming into winter than half way through Spring!  


I’ve been ‘working’;   shocking admission I know but that’s how I passed the time this morrrrrning.   Bunging paper through the ‘thing’ and sorting out some books.   Now I am well ready for lunch.... which is Cottage Pie, and is in the oven;  in fact it will be ready in about 7 minutes.

17.00    The afternoon, though cool, was at least sunny and mostly dry (showers) so I had a run to Woodhaven re-cycling depot, then came home by way of Balbuthie and Kinneuchar.    I wondered what that road had been ‘closed’ for,  a couple weeks or so ago;  today I got a pleasant surprise when I found the answer.    I could hardly believe it;  every one of the places, where I stop to take photographs from, have been turned into proper, surfaced with tar macadam, places for me to ‘moor’ the bike. To take photos.   I suspect that they are in fact ‘Passing Places’;  but to me they are viewpoints.    When I got back to Ivy I had a quick cuppa then went up to Chapel Green on the bike;   it was reasonably warm at the time, and I kept an eye on the weather.

21.00   I have an appointment with my Asthma Nurse (Jill) tomorrow morning so I’ll go

 for the paper(s) later in the morrrrrrrning.   The forecast is for KY9 to be ‘sunny with a moderate breeze(WNW)’.... with wintry showers for the hills (Grampians etc.) so it won’t be warm here;  not as warm as it should be at this time of year. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....