Dreich ....

21st May 2021 (Friday)      06.00 .... All the weather forecasts had rain for


KY9.... and rain we have;  not particularly heavy, but cheerless looking and very wet.    This is the perfect ‘ousework day;  Jackie and Iain are coming down tomorrow so I’d better run around with the furniture polish etc.    I’m feeling brighter this morning, (much brighter than the weather), having felt ‘one degree under’ for the past couple of days.  

08.00    My word .... the ‘bucket men’ are on the job early this morning..... the ‘broon’ bucket was emptied at 07.20.   They must be trying to miss the ‘rush hour’ traffic.

I’ve been for the paper .... and down at the harbour (in the car):  I don’t think the bike will be out today.    Mind you the sky does show some slightly promising signs;  there are pale patches and the sun might break though by afternoon.

Wet looking corner of Kinneuchar.

18.30    We did have some brief sunny spells, but showers are still around;  I thought of going up to Chapel green on the bike, but I’ll leave that until tomorrow, when Iain and Jackie are here:  they are bringing their bikes and we are going for a potter around someplace.   The wind and rain should have moved well away by tomorrow morning.... though there is going to be a cool Northerly breeze, with the temperature being well below where it should be for this time of year.

I’ve done a wee bit of ‘ooverin and dustin’, and tidied up the books and stuff so we all have seats to sit on.... and tables for cups etc.   I feel quite tired now.... I think I deserve a Cappuccino.

21.30    The rain is moving away .... I can see blue sky here and there .... and tomorrow looks like being a reasonable day for, Jackie, Iain and myself going for a bumble around on the bikes:   you’ll recognise us.... the three bikes are identical.   That reminds me the bike battery will have charged .... I’d better go and unplug the doin’s.

When I was out unplugging the doin’s, I noticed that the temperature has dropped


considerably in the last couple of hours;  however, the wind is due to moderate overnight, so the wind-chill factor will be slightly lower tomorrow .... I hope.   I suppose I should now have my bedtime mug of chocolate and have a browse through the tele channels.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....