Misty .....

29th May 2021 (Saturday)    07.30  .... the sun has a bit of work to do before we


get the ‘sunny intervals’ mention in the forecast;  at the moment we have haar/fog that’s rolled in from the North Sea, on a light easterly breeze.    I’ll go for the paper later, and hope the sky brightens quickly;  in the meantime I’ll have another cuppa.   Actually we might be plagued by haar, and an onshore breeze today taking a few degrees off the temperature. 

15.00    There has been more cloud about today, with the cool onshore breeze, but... my word... I enjoyed my ‘paper run’ this morning.    As normal I went to the harbour and found Helen getting ‘Archie’ (skiff) ready for launching;  the intention being to row out to the Wester Vows.   Angus was there, getting things set up for Elie Water Sports,  dog walkers and joggers were out;  it was a quietly busy scene, with a brilliant atmosphere all around;  I had a great time;  and I’d remembered to go for the paper.


By the time I reached Chapel Green ‘Archie’ (and crew) were at the Wester Vows:  I enjoyed a chat with a lady out walking her dog, when waiting for rowers to get back to The Beacon.

Since then I have sorted out the photos, had lunch, started a Soduko and fell asleep in The Hutte.    Now I am thinking of going out on the bike;  after I have a cuppa.



21.30    I didn’t go out on the bike because the breeze freshened, and being from the East, I thought it too cold for my breathing tubes.    I did have the cuppa, and finished the hard Soduko.    The hard ones can be tricky blighters.

The sky is looking a bit healthier tonight;  cotton wool balls of clouds instead of mist and haar  ....hopefully that means a day without mist/haar tomorrow.    The temperatures over the next few days are going to be more seasonal.... in fact hot, with very little wind.   The villages will be busy so there will be loads of opportunity to chat.... and, if the weather is


warm, I will have ‘morning coffee’ at Chapel Green; having been for the paper first thing.   Monday’s weather forecast looks favourable for a trip up to Balcarres Estate for a potter about.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....