Overcast and cooler than expected ....

27th May 2021 (Thursday)     08.30 .... There’s more cloud around than I

Jet, Chris and Kate in Earlsferry.

expected, but the sun should break through by lunchtime;  the wind is light and is mostly going to be from the SE ... in other words, a cool onshore breeze.  I hung a washing out early and it should be dry by evening time.

I’m feeling brighter this morning and have been for the paper and down to the harbour in the car (I needed milk):  everyone will be pleased to know that all is good down there;   ‘The Harbour Cafe’ is looking  good and should be ready for the opening in mid June.   It looks very ‘Olde Fashioned’ and coastal.    ‘Nosebag’ (has this ‘Nosebag’ got any connection with the Oxford ‘Nosebag’?) will be operating from the ‘Sailing Club’, so there will be a choice of good food at the harbour.

10.30    I did it;  oh I’d better explain.   All morning I have been on the lookout for Chris, Kate and Jet who are walking round the edge of the UK, I finally caught up with them at the ‘Ferry Toon Hall’.    I’d actually given up hope of seeing them, but decided to have a final run round ‘The Ferry’, and there they were.   I am a happy boy and will now have a well deserved (I think its well deserved) a Cappuccino.

Maersk Gallant being towed by Maersk Lancer.

11.30    I enjoyed the Cappuccino;  the ‘plan’ was to have it in The Hutte, but the sun is struggling to break through the cloud, and we have that cool onshore breeze so sitting outside, even in The Hutte, is not to be recommended  at this time.   The washing is hanging limply and doesn’t look like it will dry today;  not outside anyway.

I am really well pleased getting a photograph of Chris, Kate and Jet in Earlsferry:  especially when I thought I’d missed them.






21.00     The sun broke through after lunch and we had a nice afternoon;  yes the cool breeze kept the temperature down, but it was warm in Ivy garden.   Ferry Road has been busy today, and with the forecast being good for the weekend I expect the villages to be... to be hones ... too busy.   Accessing the harbour could be difficult at times.   I’ll do any village biking early, and inland towards Balcarres etc. in the afternoon;  assuming the roads aren’t too busy. I’ve had a really enjoyable, and restful, day today; and .... the breeze freshened in the afternoon and the washing dried.   I’m now going to make my bedtime chocolate, then browse the tele channels to see if there’s anything I fancy watching.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....