Nice but cool ....

18th May 2021 (Tuesday)    09.30 .... the first thing that surprised me was how

 Gannet resting on the harbour rocks - not a good sign.

cold the wind was this morning.... it, the wind, is from the West and I’d expected it to be warmer:  having said that, it was early in the morning so it should become warmer when the sun is higher.

Almost everything is where it should be at the harbour;  I say ‘almost’ because there’s a  Gannet resting on the rocks at the harbour.... that’s where a Gannet shouldn’t be; normally the only place they would land would be on the nesting site... i.e. the Bass Rock.    I have no doubt it will move, when folk are wandering around the harbour area.


17.00    There have been a few showers around but we have been lucky, catching only the edges of a couple in the afternoon.     This morning I was feeling adventurous and decided to see if it was possible for me to get to the top of the cliffs, on the bike;  and I did it.   I will be a tired boy tonight.... and the garden has been neglected (nothing new there).... but I am a happy boy.    Oh .... the Coastal Path was busy so I found loads of people to chat too.   The next time I go I’ll take a picnic.    I have a load of photographs to sort out....  sometime.


21.00    Tomorrow I must make an effort to do some work;  actually tomorrow will be a ‘rest day’ and I’ll rest by working around Ivy.   Today has been a brilliant day for me;   I had thought I’d never take in the view from the top of Kincraig again after I had my hip replacement op in 2016;   I had prepared for that eventuality by taking loads of photographs before then.   I also knew that I wouldn’t do the Chainwalk after I had my hip replacement, so it (the Chainwalk) also got well photographed.... including the rocks and plants that are round there.   I last did the Chainwalk two weeks before the hip was done .... I was 78.    I did think of having a go at the Chainwalk when I reached 80, but thought it would be too risky.    Anyway today has got me feeling ‘young (ish)’....thanks to the battery on the bike.

I am going browse and sort out a few more of today’s photographs; tomorrow’s ‘plan’ has already been devised so a good browse , and a mug o’ chocolate, will be a nice way


to end a happy day. 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....