Quiet overcast morning .....

13th May 2021 (Thursday)      08.00 ....  We’re in for a series of grey days,


with an Easterly breeze bring ‘stuff’ in from the North sea;   although grey it should be dry most of the time, though somewhat  ‘cheerless’ looking.    That said.... there are  always  ‘different’ photographs to be found, and this is Elie and Earlsferry, so we could have ‘sunny spells’.   I’ll go for the paper later in the morning, though I doubt if it will be very warm today;  not as warm as it should be... or as I’d like it to be.

21.00      Although the day has been overcast... with a cold Easterly wind;  it has passed quickly..... and at the end of the afternoon we had a few decent sunny spells, but unfortunately not for long.

I didn’t go for the paper until 10.30.... hoping it would be warmer.    I suppose it was but breeze kept the temperature down.... and you all know what I think of wind from the East.   As Jimmy used to say “when the wind’s fae the East, the fishin’s the least”.


The harbour was quiet.... the tide was full out then, so I went down the slip by the Harbour Cafe (the Cafe area, beginning to take shape, is looking good and opens on the 17th June).... to take a few photos.   The sky was overcast but that doesn’t stop Elie and Earlsferry looking bonnie.... just a different kind of ‘bonnie’.    I enjoy where we live, and there’s always someone interesting to talk too;  today I met, and chatted to numerous friends;  I think we are all more relaxed now that we’ve had the vaccine.   We have to remain aware of the virus because of the variants that are around the country;  I hope we don’t end up with a new ‘wave’.

I thought of going home by way of the Estate then remembered the heavy showers of yesterday so went ‘up’ the Elie road and 'down' the Ferry Road’ ... diverting into the Pony Field on the way.   The main road was busy (A917) so I won’t be doing that very often.

Tomorrow is going to be another overcast day with stuff coming in from the North Sea....

Golfers on the 18th tee.

with the slight chance of a few sunny spells later in the afternoon.    I’ll go for the paper (on the bike) around mid morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....