Quiet morning ....

14th May 2021 (Friday)      11.30 .... it’s amazing how fast my day goes.   I was


‘up’ at 05.45, showered, had breakfast and a couple of cuppas;  checked the ‘Love Mail’ inbox .... it’s full of mail but not ‘LM’.   I eventually went out for the paper just after 08.00 and arrived back at Ivy about 09.30.    The kettle has to go ‘on’, the bike parked in The Hutte (where I can charge the battery if required), then sort the photos;  and that’s my morrrrrning.    Now I am thinking of ‘food’.    I’ll go up to Chapel Green after lunch.







21.30    We have a lovely end to the day.... but the cool breeze is still with us.   I went, for a run, up to Chapel Green later in the afternoon;  everything was so quiet:  so quiet you could almost hear the grass grow.   I wish I’d taken coffee with me. 


I’ve done some gardening and ‘ousework today;   I daresay tomorrow will have to be a ‘rest’ sort of day:  Actually tomorrow is going to be another quiet day, so I might have another (short) spell of gardening.... and make Sunday the ‘rest’ day.   Maggie wanted nettles, the food plant for the Tortoiseshell butterfly caterpillar, in a corner of the garden but nettles must be kept in control or they’d take over the garden.    I might get rid of them (the nettles) altogether.

Tomorrow is going to be another cool day but, if the forecaster’s have got it right, it should be sunnier in the afternoon.     With the wind being so disappointingly cool, so far this year I have only seen one House Martin, and no Swallows.   The Swallows are normally here around St George’s Day (23rd April);  let’s hope there’s a decent summer when they do finally arrive.    “One Swallow doth not a summer make”;  but it would cheer me up!


 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....