Overcast and damp ....

25th May 2021 (Tuesday)      08.30 .... This morning we have an overcast sky

West Bay - Earlsferry.

with the threat of rain.... and there’s a cold northerly breeze:  not the weather and temperature we expect at this time of year.      Sunny spells are forecast, and the air should be warmer, sheltered from the cool breeze.    I hope to get out on the bike once the I see how the weather develops.    Actually what we need is a warm and gentle westerly breeze .... the Zephyr breeze we associate with Spring and Summer.   Zephyros, is the Greek God of the West wind.   I think he needs a poke. 

10.00    I haven’t been for the paper because it’s raining;  I think I’ll ‘work’ until lunch time, and go to the shops in the afternoon.    ‘Work’ is me going through, and shredding the contents of the many ‘Folders’ on the office shelf.   It’s a good day for doing that.... and I should end up with some useful space..... plus a load of empty ‘Folders’.     The afternoon is going to be brighter with fewer showers..... I might even manage to go as far as Barnyards to see how Shona is getting on.    Actually I think she can visit Edinburgh now ((boyfriend) so might be there.

Quiet evening.

21.30     Ye Gods;  when I eventually went out on the bike after, lunch..... I found it unpleasantly cold, so, although I set out to ‘do’ the villages, I only did Chapel Green.   I went back home, put the bike battery on charge... after switching on the kettle..... and settled down to help Poirot and do a bit more shredding;  in fact the grey bin (paper) is almost full so the shredding is ‘on hold’ until after Friday when the paper bin is emptied.

The wind dropped dramatically by evening time;  in fact it was that quiet that I went down to the beach for a late evening meander (I don’t do straight lines).   The beach was fairly busy with folk out enjoying the quiet, after the windy and cold afternoon.   Tomorrow is going to be brighter( although it may be ‘damp’ first thing), with a much lighter wind so it should feel warm, compared to today’s temperature:  the light rain showers will still be around, but you can see showers coming, and take evasive action.   I don’t have a ‘plan’ for

Last of the evening sunshine on the Bass Rock.

tomorrow but I’m sure I’ll find something to do:  I have a few ongoing projects to potter about with.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....