Overcast with rain forecast ....

8th May 2021 (Saturday)     76 years ago today the Second World War ended; 

Roman mosaic at Curium (Cyprus) - 1959.

and .... 63 years ago today a boy from Colinsburgh went off to Aldershot to begin his National Service.

12.00    The sky is heavily overcast and rain is forecast to reach us by midday;  I am glad that the sketch pads arrived yesterday.   I did the ‘tour of the villages’ on the bike when I went for the paper(and a Cherry Cake);  then for a walk to the beach when the sun was trying to break through.   Spits and spots of rain,  arrived at 10.50, but the main rain band has yet to arrive.    I have settled down in Ivy for the remainder of the day.   I think I’ll have lunch before I begin doing anything.

14.30    Looking out at the weather is a bit like me looking in the ‘mirrah’;  it’s not a pretty sight.    We have ‘wet and windy’ at present though sometimes i think the sky is starting to look more promising.    I have had a reasonable ‘day’.    First I sorted out this morning photographs.... that took an hour and a bit, then I read the paper and had lunch.    After lunch?.... yep .... I ended up falling asleep in front of the tele.   Now I am a bundle of action:  I’ll put the kettle ‘on’.


18.30     This ‘bundle of action’ didn’t do very much;  I found and watched  a ‘Foyle’s War’ that I hadn’t seen.   ‘Foyle’s War’ has finished,  I’ve had another cuppa;  and  the rain has stopped, so I will go for a short daunder, up towards the Pony Field.

20.30   The rain has moved away and the sky  beginning to break up;  it’s going to be a bonnier day tomorrow.    I found all this out when I went for the ‘daunder’ up to the Pony Field and golf course.    There was a few patches of Scotch Mist in the air but nothing to worry about and the sky was brightening up all the time.

Tomorrow is Sunday so I’ll do the kirk on YouTube.    The actual building is back in

The country was in safe hands 1958 -1960.

action ... with ‘rools’.   Myra booked a seat, but I will watch the service on YouTube; apart from that, ‘nae plan’ for tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....