Warmer ....

26th May 2021 (Wednesday)       06.30 .... There’s a healthier ‘feel’ to the air

Woodside Road - Elie.

this morning ;   it’s warmer for a start and the wind is light so hardly any wind-chill .... we could have a bonnie day ahead, albeit with showers.    

On the 21st June we will be celebrating the Summer Solstice, after which the nights start drawing in.... where has the first half of the year gone?     A couple of weeks ago I saw a number of House Martin’s and two Swallows;   they appear to have migrated South again because I haven’t see any for a few days.   Hopefully today is the first day of a long spell of warmer and more seasonal weather.

09.00    Because it began to spit rain, I decided that today was the day to do a ‘shopping’ at ‘the Store’.   This is a holiday weekend so the villages, and the shops, will be busy:  unusual for me, I did a ‘big’ shopping, probably because it is a holiday weekend.    We have light rain at the moment but it is due to clear away leaving us with sunny spells, and sharp showers.    I plan to bike up to Elie after the rain, and in between the showers.


12.30    Going out on the bike has been cancelled because we’re having a spell of light rain just now;  I might get out in the evening.    The temperature is 14c so at least it’s warmer;  actually the forecast is good for the weekend, which means the villages (and roads) will be busy;  but quiet at 06.00.

I did an unusual thing this morning;  I fell asleep in front of the tele.... and I was watching an interesting programme, about a pontoon bridge across a part of Loch Washington.   I normally don’t sleep until afternoon time; usually when  assisting Poirot.  I must have overdone the 'work' thing!      

16.30    The sky brightened after lunch so I went out on the bike .... up to Elie to the Chemist, then thought about having an ice cream from Carol’s, then remembered that I didn’t have any money or card with me, so I ended up going up to Kinneuchar.    I managed to get back home, just before a shower that I had been keeping an eye on.

21.00   For some reason I am shattered tonight;   it’s not that I have done very much


today.... I think it’s just the excitement of the weekend that has caught up with me.   I’ll have an early night in bed with my book.... so that I am ready for the good weather that’s to be with us over the weekend.   I think the villages will be busy over the weekend, so I’ll do the paper and harbour early; then have morrrrrrrrning coffee up at Chapel Green.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....