Very quiet morrrrrrning ....

23rd May 2021 (Sunday)     08.30 ....Elie was still a-slumber when I went for

.... not the rush hour.

the paper;  except Cath in the paper shop.   Cath was frisky and happy;  and she set a challenge for the customers .... by moving the hand-wash setup from the left to the right side of the shop entrance.
   You will have guessed that I remembered to stop at the ‘paper shop’ this morrrrrrrning.

The harbour very peaceful, though one bloke did do a circuit of the parking area on a motor bike (a quiet one) which was a change .... I think he was just out for a breath of fresh air.  I had a stroll round the granary then down to the boats (the tide was full out) before going back to the car when  a few spits and spots o’ rain fell from a passing cloud.   We could have showers in the afternoon.

17.00     I have had a ‘rest day’;  the furthest I have been since going for the paper this morning, is the front gate.    Iain let me see how to use the camera in ‘macro mode’ (I had just been zooming ‘in’), so I had some fun in the garden.    There was a slight breeze that made it difficult with the Welsh poppies (they move with a breath of wind), but I am happy with the results.    I’ll go up to Balcarres Estate in the next few days.

The 'reproductive bits' of a Welsh poppy.

The weather has been a bit mixed today.... with spits and spots of rain now and again, which is why I never went out on the bike.  I was also guilty of falling asleep when helping Wycliffe solve a murder in Cornwall.    I feel lively now but the sky is looking ‘damp’ at present;   so I’ll see what I can find to fall asleep in .... watch on the tele.






19.30      It was spitting rain when I went out to lock up ‘The Hutte’; the forecast is for us to have some rain overnight before clearing away in the morning.... and tomorrow should be brighter than it was today.   I should get out on the bike....if the weather is suitable;  and I do feel well rested after a lazy day.   Right now I’m going to watch today’s kirk service on YouTube, then I’ll settle down in front on the tele with a cuppa.

21.00    There’s nothing I want to watch on the tele so I think I’ll have an early night in

bed with my book.  I see that the rain has arrived  and should be away by the time I get ‘up’;   I have no ‘plan’ for tomorrow....  but I would like to get up to Balcarres Estate to macro some of the flowers.  Orf to make the bedtime chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....