Bright and sunny ....

11th May 2021 (Tuesday)    08.30 .... We had heavy showers throughout the

Balcarres Pond.

night... in fact it was raining when I  got up:   However the showers have moved away so the washing is on the line and should be dry before the showers bubble up again in the afternoon.     The Balcarres Den road will be muddy so I’ll have to keep to the drier roads on the Estate;   the pond area will be fine so I’ll do that.  

19.00    I had a very enjoyable and relaxed  couple of hours on Balcarres  Estate;  went in at ‘Broadlands’ and down to the ‘pond’ nae bother, where I spent a happy three quarters of an hour pottering around.    The trees are beginning to look good and will be really bonnie in a couple of weeks.   I came out from the pond area by way of the pony paddocks field:  my main worry when I come that way isn’t the ponies:  If they are by the cattle grid (which they were today) I worry that they follow me over the cattle grid.   However I spoke to them and they nodded ‘Hello’ and carried on nibbling at the grass.   I remember seeing Lady Crawford’s big red Hunter with a broken foreleg one morning, when I was biking to work;  it had stumbled into the grid in the dark.   That was in 1956.


I had to reset the bike seat;  I hadn’t noticed that it had slipped down until sitting in The Hutte with a cuppa.   Having gone for a run in the afternoon, I can now say that the seat is now perfectly set .... but I must remember to keep an eye on it.    I can’t understand why it had gone down (by an inch and a half);  it’s not as if it has to support a great weight!

Kinneuchar loch has a good complement of swans this year;  whether they are permanent or travelling swans we have yet to find out.   Anyway there were around 60 on the loch this afternoon.



21.00    It has been a gorgeous day and I have really enjoyed  it.    I always relax on Balcarres Estate (except when I worry about the ponies);   the Estate,  was my play park in my formative years.... and where I served five years apprenticeship (in the ‘good old days’) as a painter/decorator.

I see that the sky is beginning to cloud over.... rain is forecast overnight and through

Elie Estate.

tomorrow morning..... possibly accompanied by thunder.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....