Bonnie but cool ....

7th May 2021 (Friday)      08.00 .... it’s a ‘go out to play’ kind of morning:  oh


it’s still cool for the time of year but it will be warm in the sun.   Showers are forecast so that means bonnie clouds.... and, if we’re unlucky, the occasional spot or two of hail/rain .... but, it’s a day to be enjoyed.;  and I’m feeling frolicsome.   










21.30    It has been a lovely day;   and I went out twice on the bike to enjoy it.   Oh, the showers have been around all day, and I just got back to Ivy before one of them.   The first trip was in the morning when I went to the Chemist to pick up a new inhaler (to be used for six weeks):  on this trip I decided to come home, from Elie, by way of the Balbuthie road (to make use of ‘my’ new lay-bys) and Kinneuchar Kirk.   I am taking photos of the headstones in the older part of the cemetery: today I found an interesting ‘Colinsburgh’ one.    It was ‘In Memory of ‘Thomas Aitken’, killed in an accident at the Colinsburgh Gas works.   Also commemorated on the stone is his son ‘Thomas’ who was KIA in 1918 and is interred in Beresnik, North Russia.   Thomas would have been there as a member of the, hardly ever mentioned, North Russia Expeditionary Force of 1918.


The gate was ‘open’ at North Lodge so I came through Elie Estate again;  the road is wet but not overly muddy.... and it was quiet.   Feeling ‘brave’ I ventured down to Elie harbour (this was in the middle of the day), which was fairly busy with holiday makers and day trippers.   Chapel Green was my next stop where I had a snack on Maggie’s seat, and chatted to a man from St Monans.   By this time I was ready for lunch, so the next move was home.

After lunch I decided to sort out the photographs I’d taken;  this took up a couple of hours and was followed by a cat-nap in The Hutte.

In the early evening I had another run up to Chapel green, and was once again just back in Ivy as the rain started.   I had been keeping an eye on a heavy shower coming my way .... but was a tad slow with the evasive action.

The sketch pads were delivered today so I can get back to my drawing again.   I was


surprised to get them so soon.   Shopping online is very convenient;  but I did enjoy browsing Art shops.

Nae ‘plan’ for tomorrow but, four weeks after the second 'jab', I am starting to feel more adventurous;  wearing a mask in the shops, and hand sanitising is part of the ‘new normal.




22.30   Further to the ‘Thomas Aitken’ buried in North Russia, mentioned on the headstone in Kinneuchar Cemetery.     

Thomas Aitken 2nd/10Bn Royal Scots.... Service No 377016.    Interred at Semenovka Cemetery, Beresnik, Russia.   Son of Mrs Catherine Aitken, ‘The Lodge’, Colinsburgh. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....