Showery ....

 19th May 2021 (Wednesday)    09.00 .... With Ian and Jackie coming down at


the weekend I thought I’d better do a wee shopping, so went to ‘The Store’;  I didn’t buy very much, but enjoyed the walk up and down the aisles, and got all the bits and pieces I wanted.    ON the way home I could see that the sun is shining brightly on the West of Fife, but we are plagued with cloud coming in from the North Sea.    Mind you, it is warm, and it’s only showers that are forecast for us, and they can be hit or miss.... hopefully miss.






17.00 With most of the showers ‘precipitating’ somewhere else, and us only getting the benefit of the bonnie clouds, I did the villages... Chapel Green to the harbour and points in between;  but, I kept an ‘eye on the weather’ all the time, though I needn’t have bothered, because I enjoyed a long, warm spell of sunshine with loads of clouds all around.

Jennifer and James.

I met Jame ... er.... Jennifer and James at the harbour and asked if they wouldn’t mind being ‘models’ for a photograph.    It’s amazing the difference ‘models’ (there’s nae money in it) make to a photograph.   It’s still the same bonnie harbour, but suddenly it becomes a ‘living harbour’.   I must have been feeling bold this morning because I asked another lady, who was having her photo taken at the Toft, if I could take one from a different angle.   Once again I had a ‘living’ photograph.  






21.00      After lunch I had my daily catnap in The Hutte;  I must have been tired today because the nap lasted for nearly an hour.    After a cuppa I made some frozen ready meals (Chicken Casserole) then thought about going out on the bike again but the wind had freshened so I decided to do a spot of ‘ousework.   According to Louise Lear (Weather forecaster) the temperature over the next few days will be disappointing for the time of year.... as they have been for a while.    Light rain is forecast to move our way tomorrow so it looks like I could get the ‘ousework done, ready for Jackie and Iain coming on either Saturday or Sunday, depending on which is the better weather forecast.

It’s a quiet evening but the showers are still around;  I went out, meaning to go to the

beach, but some big spots of rain came so I abandoned the ‘plan’.   The rain never got beyond the big spot stage but I am back in Ivy, with the kettle ‘on’.... and that will be me for the night.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....