Sunny and warmer ....

9th May 2021 (Sunday)  08.00 .... It’s a bright, quiet morning, and I have been

Park Place - Elie.

for the paper (in the car), and will do a ‘tour’ of the villages after breakfast.   There’s only a light breeze (E) and it is pleasantly warm this morning;  with the chance of showers  in the afternoon.

12.00    I went out (bike) after ‘morrrrrning coffee, the ‘plan’ being to go into Elie Estate then to Elie, but I forgot that the bike battery was low, so I skipped the Estate and went straight to Elie and had a look at the Woodside area .... a change of direction for me.    I browsed around Elie, with the camera, then, went back to Ivy to charge up the bike battery;  with a view to going out in the evening.    We’ve just had a fairly heavy, thankfully short, shower so the Elie Estate road will be muddy in the usual places;  I won’t be going in there for few days. 

 18.00    The showers, although a nuisance, haven’t been too frequent....  and it has been warm;  that’s a welcome change. 

 


Because of the threat of showers I had a run up to Kinneuchar to the kirkyard, in the car, to photograph three headstones for a friend in Australia..... two of them funerals that I had been at.

 I’ve just seen the weather forecast and thunderstorms have been rumbling around the North Sea all day.... and they are to continue through the night.    We should miss them.... though they might hit Aberdeenshire tomorrow morrrrrrrrrrrning.




22.30     Well.... I have just watched one of the most interesting and heart moving programmes I have ever seen;   called ‘The Windermere Children’.   It told the story of  300 children, survivors of the concentrations camps, brought to Windermere in the summer of 1945.   In its own quiet way it said more about the Nazi concentration camps, than most of the other Holocaust programmes I have watched.    A well made, and thought provoking hour’s viewing.

The weather dictates what I’ll be doing tomorrow;  the forecast is for the next few days


to be more or less ‘showery with sunny spells’: I hope that means we'll have  loads of bonnie clouds!


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....