Showery morning .....

 12th May 2021 (Wednesday )       10.00 .... with everything being wet, after

Misty kind of evening.

overnight rain,
I decided to go to ‘The Store’ and have a spot of retail therapy.   I don’t buy that much, the ‘therapy’ being the walking up and down of the aisles.   Anyway since the pandemic began my ‘emergency rations’ taste changed.     Before the pandemic I liked chocolate biscuits, custard creams  and that sort of thing;  a few months into the pandemic I had a cupboard full of chocolate biscuits.... and the ‘Emergency Ration’ tin was full of plain digestives. ... (on which I spread a ‘liberal’ amount of various jams);     where before I would have four packets of crisps in a year, now I’ll have two or three packets per week.   I stopped buying chocolate biscuits and custard creams  etc.   This morning I fancied custard creams so the ‘auld normal’ is definitely returning... albeit slowly.   Actually the only chocolate biscuit that lasted throughout the pandemic, but on a much reduced scale, Milk Chocolate Digestives.

It looks like being a showery day;  in fact a heavy shower has just passed over.... luckily only a short one:  Could be interesting an interesting sky today.

'Balvonie' 

16.00   ‘ The Boy’ has a been busy today;  of course there’s busy my style, and busy as in doing a lot.   I haven’t done a lot;  ....yet again I have had a go at fixing sprung nails on the Hutte Roof.   Today I found, and stuck some fancy tape over them... I’d use Bitumen adhesive (which I have) but can’ use;  why? ....  ‘cos ‘Blob’ (Bless his feathery butt) is very inquisitive and checks up on everything I do    He is in fact looking for food for the ‘bairns’... of which there’s at least one but probably more:  all Blob ‘bairns’ look the same so, until I see them all at once  I don’t know how many there are.   Well ....it looks like the showers have moved away, so, I’m going to have a cuppa, then take a run out on the bike.


20.30     The temperature dropped in the evening so, instead of going out on the bike I went for a walk to the beach:  I’ve been neglecting the beach of late.   It was peaceful, but the wind was cold;  which is most likely why the beach was quiet.   There was only a lady paddling her way along to the Breakwater.... and me; and .... by this time I was beginning to think ‘warm cuppa needed’, so I didn’t hang around.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....