Paeceful morrrrrrrrrning ....

15th December 2020 (Tuesday)       07.30      Hanging out the washing was

08.40

surprisingly enjoyable this morning;   the Eastern sky was just beginning to lighten  therefore most of the sky was dark and sprinkled with stars..... it was beautiful.    It turned into one of my ‘lucky me’ dreaming times.      Living here I have a lot of those but not normally when I’m hanging out a washing.   Anyway the washing is on the line and I am ready to ‘rock ‘n roll.

It looks like it’s going to be a lovely day (though there could be the chance of an odd light shower in the morning) so I’ll take the bike out to go for the paper;  it has lights that come on automatically when the light is low. 

10.30    Oh my word .... what fantastical start to the day.  We had an absolutely fantastical sunrise sky this morning ... it was red and awfie bonnie.  It’s a sign of... er ... inclement weather right enough, but this is Bonnie Scotland and our inclement weather usually comes with interesting clouds!


22.30     I’ve had three trips out on the bike today (it’s supposed to rain tomorrow), doing the harbour and Chapel Green run twice and once to Chapel Green on it’s own;  the villages were looking brilliant in the late afternoon light.    I met Steve (Mr ‘B’) who was making for the harbour;  we talked about photography mostly.  I delivered a few Christmas cards but have yet to do Kinneuchar and Colinsburgh.    That won’t be tomorrow if the weather turns out as forecast: Unless I use the car.

Dorothy cam by delivering a Christmas gift from the Friendship Lunch Group.    This had me thinking of how this crisis has affected me personally. Not being able to physically meet up with my family, the Friendship Lunch, the ‘Drop In’ cafe and our coffee mornings and all ‘catch up with each other’ situations;  that has been the biggest ‘loss’ that this crisis has caused me personally. 


  The biggest ‘bonus’ is Earlsferry becoming a community and all the new friendships made.  Once the vaccine jabs have been completed I imagine things should be more relaxed by the beginning of summer.   A lot depends on how people behave over Christmas;  hopefully we, in the East Neuk, will come through unscathed.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....