Feeling frolicksome ....

20th December 2020 (Sunday)      08.00 .... Hmmmmm ... I’ve been for the

The girls having their morning dip.

paper, in the car because it’s spitting rain.    I think it’s just a rain shower so I’ll get out on the bike later in the morning.... when the sun has risen above the clouds.    Actually I might have a walk to the beach after breakfast.... if the spits and spots o’ rain have stopped.   Sunrise is at 08.42.

12.00    It’s a nice day but the brisk breeze is cool... as I found out on the beach earlier:  In fact I went and found shelter in the lee of the dunes;  which is not what the girls of the Blue Tits Swimming Club (hereafter BTSC) did.... they went in for their morning ‘dook’.   I must remember to get them going in on Christmas day.

I’ve been watching the kirk service (from Elie this morning) now I feel ready to get the bike out and have a quick trip up to Chapel Green and have a look at our wee corner of Mother Earth.  The shower clouds are still around but I keep an eye on them and (usually) get back to Ivy without getting wet.   Actually I'm feeling peckish so I'll leave the biking until after an early lunch.

Chapel Green this afternoon.

18.30    I’d was finishing dusting the bookshelves this afternoon when I decided that I needed some exercise, but my word it was cold out on the bike ... so I only went up to Chapel Green.   I had left Ivy with the intention of going round the villages.   In spite of it being cold it really was a bonnie afternoon.... and there was quite a few people;  well wrapped up people...  out taking advantage of it.   The village is quiet, as you would expect it to be with the new travel rules.   Having said that .... did you see the crowds of people in St Pancras station?    That was ridiculous;  but they were only trying to beat the deadline.   Mind you ... the Government promising a ‘near normal Christmas’ in the middle of a pandemic was sheer stupidity.   Moan over.... feeling better.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....